Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), which includes the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
This Policy outlines how we collect, use, disclose and store your personal information. This Policy will also let you know how you can access that information. It applies to all personal information collected via our website www.activaal.com.au (Site) and social media accounts, including Facebook and Instagram (together, Online Services).
Please read this Policy carefully and contact us using the details below if you have any questions.
BY PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU CONSENT TO US COLLECTING, USING, STORING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY OR AS REQUIRED OR PERMITTED BY LAW.
You may refuse to give us your consent, and you may withdraw your consent, to some or all of the purposes in this Policy.
If you do not give us your consent, or withdraw your consent, in whole or part:
- we may not be able to provide our Online Services to you; and
- you may need to stop using our Online Services.
HOWEVER, IF YOU CONTINUE USING OUR ONLINE SERVICES, THEN WE WILL TREAT YOUR USE AS YOUR CONSENT TO US HANDLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
- The types of information we collect
Personal information is information or an opinion about you which identifies you, or from which you can be reasonably identified.
We collect the following types of personal information about you:
- your name, gender, email address, age, date of birth or delivery address;
- payment and transactional information, such as credit card details;
- your device ID, device type and information, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, Internet Protocol (IP) address and standard web log information;
- details of products or services which we have provided to you or about which you have enquired;
- information contained in any communications between you and us;
- information you provide if you participate in a survey, promotion or competition; and
- any other personal information you provide us when you access our Online Services.
- Why we collect and use your personal information
We collect and use your personal information through lawful and fair means so we can perform our business activities and functions, including supplying you with fitness and yoga apparel.
Your personal information is collected and used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services, including accepting and processing your orders, delivering orders and providing refunds or discounts;
- to give you information about our products and services;
- to interact with you;
- to administer surveys;
- to send you promotional and marketing information about our products and services;
- to administer rewards or other promotional activities sponsored or managed by us;
- to develop, improve and market our products and services;
- to conduct product and market research;
- to develop consumer insights so we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services you receive;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and information requested by you;
- to perform administrative and operational functions;
- to comply with any legal requirements;
- for any related purpose for which we are entitled to use your personal information; and
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent.
- How we collect your personal information
- You give it to us
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
- use our Online Services;
- set up an account with us;
- communicate with us;
- share personal information with us from other applications, social media, websites or services;
- participate in one of our surveys, promotions or competitions; or
- purchase one of our products or services.
- We collect it
- Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites.
- When you use or access our Site, we may collect information by sending and storing cookies from our Site to your device.
- Cookies tell us when you visit our Site, which pages you visit and the information you downloaded. They also remember your details and preferences so you can easily continue your browsing session when you return to our Site.
- If you do not want to activate Cookies, you can opt-out of receiving them by amending the settings of your internet browser, however, you may find that some parts of our Site will have limited functionality and personalisation if you do so.
- Dealing with us anonymously
You may choose to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym in certain circumstances, such as when you contact us to make a general enquiry.
In most circumstances, however, at a minimum we need your name and contact details to allow us to handle your enquiry or request.
- Disclosing your personal information and who might have access
- Within Australia
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties for the purposes described in this Policy:
- our employees, related entities and employees of those entities;
- our professional advisers;
- third parties and contractors who provide services to us, including information technology service providers;
- any third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and
- government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies as required, authorised or permitted by law.
- Outside Australia
We may disclose your personal information to our third party service providers who assist us with our business functions. These entities may have servers in and operate out of locations outside Australians. As some of these entities are of a global nature, we cannot say with certainty where their servers are located or the countries out of which they operate. Further, these locations may be subject to change without notice to us. Based on what we know at this time, one of our third party service providers has operations in Singapore.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to our overseas third party service providers and acknowledge we will take reasonable steps to ensure they deal with your personal information in a way that complies with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
- Using your personal information for direct marketing
We may use your personal information to contact you via phone, SMS, email or mail to promote and market our products and services.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us contacting you for direct marketing purposes, even if you have registered your home, mobile and/or fax number on the Do Not Call Register.
You can opt-out from being contacted by us for direct marketing purposes by using the unsubscribe facility included in each direct marketing communication we send, or by sending an SMS with ‘unsubscribe’ to 0438 754 444.
We hold your personal information in electronic form, in secure databases owned and operated by our third party service providers.
We protect the personal information we hold through encryption, firewalls and login password protocols, secure and access-controlled premises and by monitoring staff access. While we take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, security measures over the internet can never be guaranteed. This means we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event of a data breach, we will comply with the required data breach reporting laws.
- Links to third party websites/platforms
Our Online Services may contain links to websites, other apps and social media platforms operated by third parties.
Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have no control over or rights in those linked websites.
The privacy policies that apply to third parties’ websites may differ substantially from this Policy, so we encourage you to read those privacy policies before using those websites.
- Accessing or correcting your personal information
- Accessing your personal information
If you would like to access your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
While we try to give you access to your personal information free of charge, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover costs associated with:
- searching for, locating and retrieving your personal information; and
- reproducing and sending you your personal information.
In certain circumstances, we may not be able to give you access to your personal information. In these circumstances, we will write to you to explain why we cannot comply with your request.
We will try to respond to your request for access within 14 days of receiving your request.
- Correcting your personal information
We try to ensure any personal information we hold about you is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or incorrect, please contact us using the details below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure it is corrected.
We will try to respond to your request for correction within 14 days of receiving your request.
- Destroying or de-identifying personal information
We destroy personal information when we no longer need it, unless we are otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
- Making a complaint
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the details below.
We take privacy complaints seriously. If you make a complaint, we will respond within 7 days to advise you of the person responsible for managing your complaint. We will try to resolve your complaint within 30 days. When this is not reasonably possible, we will contact you within that time to let you know how long we will take to resolve your complaint.
We will investigate your complaint and, where necessary, consult with third parties about your complaint. We will decide how to address your complaint and write to you to explain our decision.
If you are not satisfied with our decision, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner. Details about how to file a complaint can be found at www.oaic.gov.au.
- We may, from time to time, amend this Policy, in whole or part, in our sole discretion.
- Any changes to this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on our Site.
- Depending on the nature of the change, we may announce the change on our Site home page or by email (if we have your email address). However, in any event, by continuing to use the Online Services following any changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes.
- Contact us
All questions or queries about this Policy and complaints should be directed to:
Mobile: 0438 754 444
This Policy was last updated on 20 November 2017